How long does it take to build a bridge?
The following is ONLY A TYPICAL EXAMPLE situation. Your project may vary tremendously.
- Decide location for bridge, measure site dimensions, research permits, order a geotechnical report, research what codes and/or loads may be imposed by governments, right-of-way holders and other third parties.
- The owner, Excel Bridge, consulting engineer and perhaps your architect should discuss options, costs and design parameters. Excel Bridge submits a quote. Contractor obtained. Site surveyed.
- Order bridge, receive shop drawings.
- All parties involved approve drawings for fabrication.
- Contractor builds abutments. Excel builds and ships the bridge.
- Contractor unloads truck, bolts together any splices and sets bridge in place.
Less than 1 day
- Contractor pours concrete deck (if this option is chosen) and finishes any site work necessary, perform touch up painting if applicable.
Excel Bridge portion = about 12 weeks
Total = About 17 to 33 weeks
Some issues that may affect your time line:
- Frozen ground
- Good for minimizing turf damage or gaining access
- Bad for doing concrete work
- Fish and other wildlife movements and regulations
- High and low-water cycles