Who is needed to complete the bridge?
For many basic trail, driveway or golf type bridges, only 3 people are needed on your team:
- Your organization, (or perhaps a local engineer,) decides exactly where to place the bridge and measure the site. The 100-year flood event and any applicable permits issued by local, waterway, roadway, railway authorities should be investigated. In some instances, your general contractor may address these issues.
- Excel Bridge helps you choose the type of bridge you want with the features you need.
- Your local engineer, or Excel Bridge, designs the abutment.
- A local general contractor builds the concrete abutments and rents a crane to unload the Excel truck and set the bridge in place.
For larger and more complex projects:
- A Geotechnical company performs a soil report.
- An A/E firm is generally recruited to manage most of the aforementioned steps (hydrology analysis, project design and many others.) They may also provide structural design services for the bridge abutments.
- Specialty contractors or sub-contractors may be needed for concrete, crane work, fencing, utilities, traffic control, etc.